Saturday 27 September 2014

Embroidery Embellishment Excitement

Until very recently (last week) I hadn't really done any embroidery.  I've made clothes and accessories, but never embellished them with embroidery.  This all changed when I found an embroidery hoop in a mysterious box.

Some of you may have seen my joker-themed coin purses with their haphazard "ha ha" embroidery.  Obviously the poor quality of the embroidery was totally purposeful, reflecting the jokers instability.

... Anyway, I decided I wanted to do more of this type of thing and have just spent the past 3 hours sat on a train embroidering various types and colours of fabric. 

I have learnt many things since the beginning of this journey, and I feel I should share my new-found wisdom:

1. Trains are shakey

2. It's hard to thread a needle when you are shaking

3. You need some level of precision when embroidering

4. It's hard to be precise when you are shaking

5. Embroidery thread is good to embroider with

6. Normal thread is not

7. Embroidery is a fun way to pass 3 hrs of your time

8. I have a very small bladder

9. The toilet on this train is dire

I hope you found those little tips useful.  And just a little secret between you and me: number 9 is probably true for all trains in Britain. Shhhh! Enjoy :-P

Live long and prosper ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment