Monday 8 September 2014

Ear, Ear, What's All This Then?!

Hi Everyone!

I'm finished!  Really finished!  All nice and put together with my plump little legs and my lovely new flappy ears.  Wanna see?  Of course you do!  Here you go:

All purdy and complete!

That's me all finished and ready to leave to pursue my destiny!  Not sure what my destiny is, exactly... but I'm ready to figure that out now!
For now, I'll just show you how my ears were constructed.  Take a look:


Interfacing and zigzag stitching






This is the first bit: adding lightweight fusible interfacing to the little ear bit, then sewing it onto the big ear bit with ziggy zaggy stitches.  I think those stitches are my favourite - I have them on my saddle aswell!







Then the other one!


The backs aren't very neat, though.  The Maker says she'll use two big ear pieces on each ear next time to make it neater.  I don't mind, though.  Do you think it makes me look ugly?  Oh, I hope not.  And my tail is a little too low - not like all those Elephants you see in National Geographic and in the movies.  They all have nice high tails that swish from side to side.  I wish my tail looked like that...


Oh well, I still love my ears!  Here's a close-up of them attached:

I think they should have been zig zagged again!

And that's it!  All done now.  It was super fun talking to all of you, and maybe I'll pop up here again sometime to check how all of you are doing, and update you on my dancing career, of course.  I'm going to be a star!

Well, bye bye for now everyone!  May you live long and prosper.


Bye bye, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment