Friday 24 October 2014

Star Trek Etsy Top Ten

Greetings all ^-^

Welcome to this weeks Etsy Top Ten.  I've been a Trek fan for as long as I can remember.  Nights watching TNG & Voyager on TV before bed... good times, good times.  So I thought I'd hunt round Etsy & try to find the most interesting & most awesome Star Trek-themed items.  There are some great picks here, and most of the sellers have more than the featured Trek-related item in their shops, so be sure to check them out ^-^

Here we go:


1. Borg Eyepiece sold by Zoshspropsandthings



This item really caught my eye (get it? Get it??).  It's a great addition to a Trek cosplay, or just as part of a halloween costume.

Each one is hand made to your measurements, so you know it's going to fit on your face!  It's lightweight, and the seller is happy to incorporate any design ideas you've got - so be sure to let them know if you want something in particular!  (Pink Hello Kitty designs would go well, I think)

















2.  Glow in the Dark Personalised Vulcan Script Mug sold by Hx5Designs



It's glow in the dark.  It's written in Vulcan script. It's personalised.  What more do you need to know??  I really want one of these!  The whole idea is just super cool, and... and... and... I want one.



















3. Redshirt in a Bottle  sold by TreacleTownTreasures

This is overly adorable (as is the description of the item the seller has written - just so much cute!).  I love it.

A Redshirt in a bottle to keep with you and deflect danger away from you on those dangerous off-world missions!  Why have I never tried this before!?




















4.  Star Trek Pin Cushion sold by Geekybeady

As a crafty geek, this is perfect.  I'm usually happy when I'm sewing, but this would cheer me up during those far-too-often times when I end up unpicking, restitching, and getting myself tied in knots.

You can't stay mad at your sewing when your pin cushion looks like this!  Well, I couldn't anyway!


















5.  Maquis Phaser Prop sold by Scifistuff



A really cool item here.  It comes as a kit, so you paint it yourself (or pay an extra 65 to have it assembled & painted for you).  But I like the idea of painting it myself!  It may also need some adjusting with a sander to get rid of air bubbles & things.

Made from heavy build resin - I have no idea what that means... but apparently it is excellent quality, so yay for that :)










6.  Star Trek Infinity Scarf sold by StitchAnnStyle

I have a thing for infinity scarves.  I don't know why.  They're just more interesting than a regular scarf.  And this one is particularly awesome as it features the U.S.S. Enterprise.  Love it ^-^

Also love the fact it's black & white, so it will go with most outfits (I don't actually own "outfits", but I thought it sounded better than "you can chuck on whatever you want underneath the scarf without it clashing horribly").














7.  Rainbow Tribble sold by AlixInsanity




TRIBBLE!!  It's fluffy, and multicoloured, and won't replicate as quickly as it's on-screen brethren.

It's a tribble.  That's all you need to know.  I'd probably end up keeping it in my handbag & telling anyone who asked: "It's a Tribble.  Duh.  Everyone's got one."  Y'know, just for funsies.


















8.  Jean Luc Picard - Original Artwork sold by doodlejedi


I don't usually include art work on these feature lists because everyone has different styles and opinions about art, and I know nothing about it.

This piece however... Oh my!  It's drawn with a ballpoint pen... seriously, a ballpoint pen.  How?!  I can barely draw anime characters with a pencil, eraser, and several hours of concentration!

And just look at his expression... he's gazing at you... so intensely... it's like he knows you're staring at him.  And he's glad.












9.  Star Trek Cushion sold by Threadful


Simple, but wonderful.  Made from super soft fleece, and bigger than it looks in the pictures, this would make a lovely addition to any sofa.  I'd probably end up cuddling it whilst watching TV.  Then again, I end up cuddling whichever cushion/cuddly toy is near me...















10. Bet'leth sold by CosplayConstructs


No Trekkie list would be complete without some kind of nod (or knife to the gut) to the Klingons.  Here we have a home made Bat'leth: an elegant weapon whose name translates into "sword of honour".

Although this replica probably isn't made of baakonite & won't slice through your enemies, it will still make an awesome addition to a Star Trek cosplay ^-^












Ritzy Pick
Borg Head Mask sold by richardsymonsart (115.16)


So very, very cool!  I love this so very much ^-^ Made with resin, paper mache, and EL wire, this little beauty really stands out.  Each is hand-made, so I'm assuming it will fit your head!  Also, you get to choose the colour of the wire (just as a little added bonus).

This is one of the best Borg-inspired items I've seen.  Really detailed & well made.  Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment