Friday 10 October 2014

Harry Potter Etsy Top Ten

Greetings all ^-^

Welcome to this weeks Etsy Top Ten.  Harry Potter was my first fandom (well, the first one I can remember), and to this day I am still a fan.  So this seemed like a good theme for this weeks top ten list, as I know that I am not alone in this wonderful fandom ^-^

There are so many wonderful Harry Potter themed items on Etsy, it's been a hard task to pick just 10!  But somehow I've managed.

As usual, I am only featuring those sellers in the UK, but most (if not all) post internationally - so don't feel left out!

Here we go!

1. Personalised Marauders Map Notebook sold by 103Designs


There are so many Marauders Map items out there that it's easy to go for the first one you see, but this gorgeous little notebook shows that it's worth shopping around.

Custom made, personalised, and the binding is great - you can lay it flat, which would make sketching so much easier!

Great quality, creative, personalised, and a great price - how can you say no?










2.  Book Clutch Bag sold by BagsyMeFirst



I absolutely love this little clutch!  It's a brilliant idea and really well made.  The material used is perfect, and there's plenty of room inside for all your usual clutch-bag-stuff.  I really, really want one!!















3.  Voldemort Candle sold by GeekShitYo




Yes.  Just yes.  I have absolutely no idea how it is made (apparently from recycled wax), but it's great!  Ever felt like melting Voldie's face?  Well now you can!  Great stuff.



















4.  Miniature book & Potions Charm Bracelet sold by KawaiiCandyCouture


These charm bracelets are so cute!  I have a thing for charm bracelets, and these are some of the best I've ever seen.

I'd always go for the UK version, and you can probably guess why.  But I think it's great that both sets of covers are available & the little potions are just genius!












5.  Deathly Hallows Scarf sold by ApareciumPrints




A great stealth cosplay item here.  I love the fact that the deathly hallows symbol has been applied with a stamp & ink - a hand-carved stamp, no less!

Really lovely, delicate, and subtle enough to wear day to day.














6.  Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans Inspired Dress sold by SophieMayMakes




I love this dress.  The idea is brilliant, and I love the detail in it.  Beautifully made, and a wonderful design.  Much love for this piece.




















7.  Miniature Quidditch Pitch sold by DoiliesAndDeco



This may be the cutest thing ever.  I especially love the glitter & that there is a video showing how it was made.

Now all we need are tiny players suspended on wires.  Although I think that may be going too far... Either way, this is a great little make, & a wonderful addition to any Harry Potter collection.



















8.  Bookshelf Necklace sold by Coryographies




Believe it or not, this is only 1.5" tall.  Containing handmade polymer clay miniatures sat on a tiny wooden bookcase, this necklace would make an amazing addition to any outfit, or just as an ornament for your home!

I love the amazing detail that's gone into making this.  My favourite bit is the mini Hedwig ^-^ So cute!













9.  Bellatrix Lestrange Azkaban Sign sold by StandingStoneStudios




This is such a cool idea, I love it!  Made from fibreglass & acrylic paint, this would be a brilliant addition to any Potter fan's living room or bedroom door.

If Bellatrix isn't the character for you, there's also a Sirius Black one up for sale, and promises of Lucius Malfoy's appearing soon!













10.  Miniature Monster Book of Monsters sold by LittleLiterature



Oh my gods, I love this tiny little critter so very much!  It's just SO CUTE!!  And FLUFFY!!  The eyes and mouth/fangs are made with polymer clay, but the outside cover of it is made with soft plush fabric.

I repeat: It's just SO godsdamned CUTE!!











Ritzy Pick
Slytherin Latex Lingerie sold by fetasialatex




Oh my!  At £240 this Slytherin latex lingerie is graduated from our top ten list to the "ritzy pick" of the week.

I great twist on the usual Hogwarts uniform cosplay, the set consists of a croptop (with collar), black hotpants, tie, and suspender belt, all following the classic Slytherin colour scheme.

The only thing I am a little disappointed is the lack of "Slyther-in"-like puns in the description.  But I'm sure you can come up with those yourselves ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment