Sunday 30 November 2014

Whovian Etsy Top Ten

My apologies, my lovelies.  I have been far too snowed under with work for the past few weeks.  All the deadlines, all the stress, all the getting up at 5:15am, all the headaches.  But I have this weekend to sort my life out a little, and the first thing on the agenda is this weeks Etsy Top Ten ^-^

As you may have worked out from the title, this week is all about Dr Who.  As Dr Who is a UK series (and totally awesome), there was a lot of items to choose from this week, and it was hard to narrow it down to just ten (although my Ritzy Pick does let me cheat and push it up to eleven).  But somehow I managed.  Hopefully you'll find something here that you really want, or that you know a friend would adore (it's coming up to christmas, you know!).

Enjoy ^-^


1.  Fez Tea Cozy sold by HumbugsHouse



This is just too adorable.  A fez tea cosy for any fan of the eleventh Doctor.  As we British are also notorious for our tea addictions, this item is incredibly English in its existence.












2. Book Clutch Bag sold by CelfaChrefft





I love things like this.  I am an avid reader, and I also own a wallet.  Therefore, upcycled books made into bags appeal to me quite a lot.  I love the handle and button on this item - simple, but suits the theme.  A really wonderful idea, and beautifully made.















3. Number Ten Bookmark sold by bethydesigns




So cute!!  The tenth Doctor is my favourite, which is why I decided to feature this particular one from the seller.  But don't despair if another Doctor has stolen your heart, the seller has many different ones, all as adorable as this one.  As I mentioned above, I love reading, and so this item is practical as well as awesome.  Love it.














4. Dalekanium Roll On Perfume sold by GeekyCandlesCo


These guys make the best stuff!  I love their shop, and I want pretty much all their items, and not just out of pure curiosity as to what various sci-fi things smell like.  And it's not just perfume; the seller also has candles, soap, and scented tarts (I had to look up what they meant by that one.  My mind had initially gone somewhere else...).  Eco-friendly, and just plain friendly.  Check out all the odd scents of the sci-fi universe.













5. Bow Ties Are Cool Shoes sold by Bunnypumpkinboutique




Ermagherd!!  I absolutely love these shoes!!  They are just so cool!  And if tweed isn't your style, check out the sellers other items; they're all as cool as this pair of heels.  I love the little cog charms on the sides, and the bow is just adorable.  A really wonderful design, and beautifully made. Want.

















6. Fez Mini-Top Hat sold by OohLaLaBoudoir




The design of this is just amazing.  Very much the eleventh Doctor all over.  This really does make the fez cool.  Really well made by an experienced seller, this item makes an awesome addition to any Geek-Chic wardrobe, or just as a unique piece of art to display at home.

















7. Police Box Belly Ring sold by AimToCharm




I've had my belly button pierced for so many years now that I forget it's there, and just wear the same belly-ring all the time.  This however, would definitely push me to change.  I love this little TARDIS belly-bar, and I would be more than happy to get my less-than-flat stomach out to show it off ^-^ love it!



















8. Snowflake TARDIS decoration sold by KasumiCrafts



So cute ^-^  Very christmassy, and would look great on any christmas tree.  Or even added to a Dr Who costume or outfit as a little embellishment.  It could be added to a necklace or bracelet, or used as a phone charm (if that's still a thing - I may be horribly behind the times here).  Whatever you decide to use it for, it's a wonderful little decoration, which any Whovian would be happy to own ^-^



















9. Soft Kitty Inspired Pillow Cushion Cover sold by Hx5Designs




Squeeeee!  I love this little Soft Kitty variation.  Those crazy Daleks, always up to mischief!  If cushions aren't your thing (you strange, strange person), then the seller has many other variants, including mugs, wallets, and even a clock.

















10. TARDIS Skirt sold by PicknMix




This is just amazing.  Really well made and truly unique.  The seller gets the fabric made especially, and will make the skater-style skirt to order.  A great addition to any Whovian's wardrobe.  Love it ^-^

















Ritzy Pick
Upcycled Vintage Rotary Telephone sold by lovekittypink
 


I love the fabric used for the decoupage on this gorgeous vintage phone.  The great thing is that this is in 100% working order and can be used with the majority of UK landline connections.  A wonderful, unique gift for any Whovian ^-^  At £190, this makes it our Ritzy Pick of the week, but well worth the monies. I especially love the little Dalek in the middle of the dial.  Squeee ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment